September 27, 2011

Selling embroidery crafts at the Pillayarpatti Temple

I felt a great benefit and satisfied from the MicroAid course. I learned how to make embroidered fabric with attractive designs but using simple techniques. Now 4 months after the training, I have developed my own craft products and have started selling them at my local market. This is a much better opportunity for me to increase my income.

My name is Jamuna from Pillayarpatti village, Tamil Nadu, India. Initially I was a housewife. At that time, the economic situation of my family was in big trouble. To increase my family income, I was working in some embroidery shops in my village and got a little income.

Jamuna sells her embroidery crafts at the Pillayarpatti temple
I attended a short training course to make embroidery offered by Ford Trust in Pillayarpatti. Then I followed the MicroAid Projects training to expand my embroidery techniques in making embroidery. I had training in making embroidered fabric for toys and dolls. (See MicroAid-project report FTIN9082). I felt a great benefit and satisfied from the MicroAid course. I learned how to make embroidered fabric with attractive designs but using simple techniques.

Now 4 months after the training, I have developed my own craft products and have started selling them at my local market. This is a much better opportunity for me to increase my income. Now I earn more per day than I used to earn working as a labourer at the embroidery factory. Per day on average I can get US $1.63 - $2.04 from the sale of my crafts. Sometimes just getting $1.02 when not much visitor and could reach $5 if in holiday and many visitors who come to the temple. Now I sell my embroidery crafts at the famous temple in Pillayarpatti village where many people come to pray. I would like to say a big thank you to Ford Trust and MicroAid for my skills training.

Now I have a good future.

Warm regards,
Jamuna

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That looks good. I hope other people will also be able to learn useful skills like these so they can make good livelihoods for themselves. This is a good MicroAid project.

pimalai koh lanta

Post a Comment

Add your comment here... Thanks!

 
Design by Wordpress Theme | Bloggerized by Free Blogger Templates | coupon codes